{Review} The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Monday, January 14, 2013

Description
Don’t look at Them.
Don’t speak of Them.
Never enter Their world.
Those are the rules that Ethan Chase lives by when it comes to the dark fairies that robbed him of his sister.
But they are still on his trail and Ethan can’t fight fate forever. Now the deadly fey are at his school, colliding with his real life, Ethan will sacrifice everything to keep his mortal friends safe, even if it means becoming entangled in the world he’s spent his whole life trying to deny. His destiny and birth right are calling. And now there’s no escape.


Review: I'm not sure I can give an unbiased review because I think I would have really enjoyed this book more had I not read Kagawa's Iron Fey series, and it's not fair to compare one series to another, especially since IF is one of my favorites. 

But by golly I'm gonna try. 

There's some great character development and pacing. Ethan starts out as an annoying snot of a boy (for some very good reasons). Toward the end of the story, he was starting to grow into a man I could root for.  

I really enjoyed the heroine, Kenzie. She's tough and yet very feminine (which is harder to pull off than it sounds). In fact, I liked her so much that I would have rather read the story from her POV. 

Also a big bonus: there is no love triangle! 

The pacing is intense, the characters well rounded, and the story well developed. 

That being said, I would have liked to experience a sense of wonder again--some new part of this world that we haven't seen yet. Something unknown for me to discover. 

If you liked Iron Knight, you'll enjoy Lost Prince, as they read a lot alike. 

5 comments:

  1. I really need to finish the Iron Fey series, but this one sounds pretty awesome too. Very happy to hear there is no love triangle and I'm rather interested in see how Ethan progresses through the story.
    I can understand wanting something new though.

  1. Michelle: While I read it and enjoyed it, I don't think I'll follow the series. I did love IK though, which is why it was hard to do this review.
    I wanted to love it. I just couldn't get there.

  1. fredamans said...:

    Odd, for me this felt like book 5.

  1. It's technically a new series. Listed as "Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1".

  1. Sandy said...:

    I've never seen that cover before. Its gorgeous. I never finished the Iron Fey series. I got as far as book two but got really interested in this one when I first heard about it. I was always curious about Ethan.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...