#Gramber Searching for my happy ending

Wednesday, April 27, 2016


Life has thrown some hard things my way. Like, lots of hard things. Lately, my career has been one of those hard things. Sales were down 33% for me in 2015. It was a huge blow to my confidence. I had the same awesome books - only more of them - and they were selling worse. After careful study and thought, I believe this has more to do with the industry than anything I've done (mostly to do with Kindle Unlimited (it undercuts indie authors, as does the scammers that flourish on the program)).

Last week, I released Daughter of Winter. I was disappointed in the sales. I was hoping that by this point in my career, it wouldn't be so hard to sell a damn book. I have good reviews, amazing covers, great content. And again I find myself facing that moment, where I'm deciding whether or not to quit . . . I've been there so many times in my writing career thus far. So. Many. Times. At this point, I never thought to be here again. And yet here I am.

And I have the same answer I've always had. There's this knowing inside me - knowing that I'm going to make it. Knowing there is a happy ending on my last page. I've already proven it a hundred times before. I can prove it one more time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...